Cedar County Memorial Hospital Medical Records
Medical Records Department A medical record must be maintained on every person who is admitted or treated at Cedar County Memorial Hospital. All medical records are kept confidential and in accordance with HIPAA rules and regulations. The purpose of the Medical Record is to:
- Provide a means to communicate between the practitioner responsible for patientís care and other health care professionals contributing to the patient care;
- Serve as a basis for analysis, study, evaluation and planning individual patient care;
- Furnish documentary evidence of the course of the patientís illness and treatment during each hospital encounter;
- Assist in protecting the legal interest of the patient, hospital and physician;
- Provide clinical data for use in research and education; and
- Provide information to third party payers.
Frequently asked questions:
How much time should I allow before calling to check the status of a request for medical records?
Requests are often completed in a matter of days. We are given 30-days to fulfill a request. If you need to meet a deadline, please call: 417-876-3417 and every effort will be made to assist you.
Is there a charge for copying my records?
Patient requests for personal use $15.00 for 1 to 10 pages and $25.00 for pages 11 thru 50. Over 50 pages $25.00 + $0.35/page.
For all other requests, section 101/228. RSMo sets the handling and per page fees for medical records. The handling fee is $22.01 and the rate for copies will be $0.52 per page.
Will you send my records to me and to my provider?
We will send your records to one location. We will either fax or mail the records. We generally do not fax records more than 10 pages. Please be sure to provide correct addresses and fax numbers. We encourage you to keep a copy of your immunization records.